Monday, March 2, 2009

Chima - Yes Please

Chima isn't a new experience for me, I have been there four times now, if you are familiar with Fogo De Chao, then you understand the concept here. However, if you are not familiar with Fogo let me break it down for you. You get a little button like you see in the picture above, there are two sides, Yes please, or No (I don't like No). If your card happens to fall on Yes, then you are thrown down a "Meat Gauntlet" as I call it. Men trained in Brazil for at least two years wield knives and meat in a symphony of everything good. These god like meat creatures offer you everything from Pork crusted in Parmesan cheese, to swordfish and basically everything in between. There is a salad bar, although why bother in a place like this, however the beef carpiacchio is clutch.

Chima is more of an experience than a place to eat, for what it's worth, I can't think of a better way to spend $47.50 or whatever they charge now for dinner. The meat is delivered to you on a spike, cut in front of you table side, and you can order it how you like it, rare-well done, I could care less, they know how to cook meat. The servers like I mentioned above, also tend to your meat products, each one specializes in one type or cut of meat. One person handles the sausage and chicken, one for pork and so on, so they know what they are doing when it comes to cooking. My favorite of the night was the new filet wrapped in bacon, truthfully, anything wrapped in bacon is good, the pork Parmesan also on this evening kept getting better as the night went on, usually it is dry as pork tends to get dry when cooking it, also tops was the chicken wrapped in bacon of course, and then I guess the ribeye. The fish can be hit or miss, and the salad bar is nice to look at, but I am a man, and when I go here, I eat meat. Chances are you don't have a Chima where you are, but you may have a Fogo, if so, they are pretty much the same and have the same menus, if you are anything like me, you'll enjoy it, I know I did, and I will continue to give Chima my hard earned money. Flickr set here

Location:
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse
8010 Towers Crescent Dr.
Tyson's Corner-Vienna, Virginia 22182
202-595-7755
Metro - West falls church to Mall, and then walk
Tip - Make reservations ahead of time, and sign up for mailing list, sometimes they have buy one get one free coupons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a very different type of dining experience. I however thought the photos where lacking something your other photos had. Maybe it was color, maybe it was the fact the food looked 1/2 eaten. I did like the appeal of the bacon dish you were talking about..... may have to try that one day.